For Grades 6-9
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Scroll down to reserve your seats
Join the A2SO for the second annual Middle School Youth Concert. This concert will feature longer, more complete and more sophisticated works from the orchestral repertoire. Narration, projected images and musical demonstrations will help students be active and engaged listeners as they come to truly understand the pieces performed.
Participating schools receive:
- Classroom materials that explore music history, theory and cross-curricular connections to give students a well-rounded view of the pieces on the concert.
- Professional development opportunities
- Stravinsky, Firebird Suite
- Debussy, Nocturnes
- Schachter, Freylekhe Tanzen
- A concerto performed by a young soloist
The Middle School Youth Concert is sponsored by AsahiKASEI, Dominos, University of Michigan Credit Union, MCACA and the National Endowment for the Arts.