For Grades 6-9
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Join the A2SO for the third annual Middle School Youth Concert. This concert will feature longer, more complete and more sophisticated works from the orchestral repertoire. Narration, projected images and musical demonstrations will help students be active and engaged listeners as they come to truly understand the pieces performed.
Participating schools receive:
- Classroom materials that explore music history, theory and cross-curricular connections to give students a well-rounded view of the pieces on the concert.
- Professional development opportunities
- Jennifer Higdon, Blue Cathedral
- Robert Schumann, Symphony No. 1, "Spring"
- Grieg, Peer Gynt Suite
- Vivaldi, Winter from the Four Seasons
Make a trip to the Symphony a part of your Humanities curriculum or use it to inspire your school’s band and orchestra students.
Resources & Workshops
Bussing Subsidies (Deadline: November 1)
Click here to learn more about bussing subsidies for Youth Concert participants.
Reserve your tickets today!
Once this form is received, an invoice will be emailed to you. A $100 deposit is due in January. Payment in full is due by one week before the concert. Teaching materials will not be available to you until we have received your deposit.
The Middle School Youth Concert is sponsored by Asahi Kasei, Domino's, Robert & Carolyn Gelpke, the Worthington Family Foundation, and the National Endowment for the Arts.